Car insurance is a must-have for all drivers, whether you...Read More
Nutrients and diet play an important role in maintaining your orthopaedic health. Eating right is balancing the vitamins, nutrients and minerals to keep the body healthy. Some food items that one can add to their diet for strong bones and muscles are mentioned below;
Calcium is vital for strong bones. It helps to maintain healthy muscle contraction and ensures blood clotting. Sources of Calcium are;
- Green vegetables like spinach
- Dairy products; cheese, milk, tofu
- Various nuts like walnuts and almonds
Protein helps in supporting the muscles and bone health. The protein content of nuts and beans is high and comparable to meat’s protein content. Sources of protein include;
- Red meat, chicken
Vitamin D is essential for effectively absorbing calcium. Lack of Vitamin D may cause a situation called rickets and many other skeletal deformities. Sources of Vitamin D include;
- Fatty fish
- Egg yolks
- Milk, orange juice, cereals etc
Other nutrients required for bone health;
- Phosphorus is a mineral in dairy products, meat, shellfish, beans, sunflower seeds, lentils, sardines, and cheese.
- Magnesium found in bone crystals improves bone strength. Fruits like bananas, avocado and chickpeas are rich in magnesium.
Best Orthopaedic Doctor in India
If you are looking for the best ortho doctor in Mumbai, try Nanavati Max Hospital professional experts. They are among the best ortho doctors in Mumbai. They perform complex procedures like Arthroscopic Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, and Total Knee & Hip Replacement Surgery, among others.
Nanavati Max Hospital takes care of patients’ needs and safeguards their privacy. The wide range of services offered has made them among the best in India.
Also read more about skin cancer symptoms and prevent yourself to lead a healthier lifestyle.